The Breton Cook Book and Gourmet Fair
November 27th, 28th & 29th 2009
10h30-19h non stop
After the great success of last year's fair which attracted 8 500 visitors, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Côtes-d'Armor is hosting the second “Salon breton du livre et du Gourmet” (The Brittany Book and Gourmet Fair) in St Brieuc on 27, 28th & 29th November 2009 at the Carré Rosengart, Légué Harbour, Saint Brieuc.
The aim of this event is to promote the high quality of Brittany’s fine cuisine through its Michelin-star chefs, its finest restaurants and its quality-approved and medal-winning culinary products.
The visitor will have the opportunity to:
- meet some of Brittany’s most innovative chefs and taste the region’s exceptional regional food products,
- get advice and collect recipes from a wide choice of recipe books (Brittany is the second largest publishing region in France),
- enjoy a programme of talks,
- discover a selection of professional cooking tools and local dishes.
Saint-Brieuc’s one-star Michelin chefs, Jean-Marie Baudic (Youpala Bistrot), Nicolas Adam (La Vieille Tour) and Mathieu Aumont (Aux Pesked) will be giving talks and hosting 3 gala dinners during the fair.
About 50 exhibitors are expected with:
- recipe books and culinary literature
- Brittany’s food products and cooking ideas
- professional utensils and refined tableware
and the programme will include :
- book-signing sessions
- gourmet conferences and talks
- cooking demonstrations
A highlight of the fair will be the annoucement of the Recipe Book Awards – “Le Prix du Gourmet breton-Amann Mad, la cuisine du littoral” - winners. Eight cookbooks on Coastal Cooking are competing for the prize. The winners will be announced on November 28th by Jean Claude Kaufmann, chairman of this year’s prestigious jury.
Entry to the Fair is free.
* Tables et Saveurs de Bretagne: an association which represents the best restaurants in Brittany,
i.e. those classified as “First Rate” by the main French restaurant guides.
Press Contact :
Ker An Aod - Route touristique
29 217 Le Conquet
Port. 06 21 48 11 60